What We Do and How We Work
CfSWP supports understanding and practice in relationship based social work through:
- Offering learning and reflection events to attend across the country;
- Supporting organisations establish and develop strong foundations for relationship based reflective practice across services;
- Engaging with national professional, policy and political debates and processes affecting relationship based practice;
- Sharing and exchanging resources, expertise and learning opportunities on our website.
Our office manager, Lian Vanstone, supports all our activities by providing the vital organisational and administrative functions.
We recognise that the contexts for relationship based social work practice, strongly influenced by decreasing funds and increasing need, are ever changing and challenging. In these contexts, the importance of relationship based practice can be lost in a focus on compliance with processes, so we wish to create an oasis, away from the challenging practice melee, where relationship based practice is placed front and centre and can be openly explored.
While our focus is on social work, we welcome and encourage all those interested in or allied to social work to get involved, such as service users, therapists, social pedagogues, foster carers, care workers, older people professionals, teachers, mental health professionals, drug and alcohol workers, probation, youth justice etc.
Our collaborative network
We are keen to create opportunities for people and disciplines to come together in dialogue to promote ever growing understanding and to address the systemic and practice issues that act as barriers to relationship based practice.
We are working with the following institutions and organisations and wish to grow our community, so please get in touch if your organisation is not listed here:
- All Together In Dignity
- Anglia Ruskin University
- Brighton And Hove City Council
- British Association Of Social Workers (BASW)
- Children England
- Coram BAAF
- Group For The Advancement Of Psychodynamics And Psychotherapy In Social Work (GAPS)
- International Centre For Therapeutic Residential And Foster Care
- Legal Action For Women
- Northern School Of Child And Adolescent Psychotherapy
- Shaping Our Lives
- Social Care Institute Of Excellence (SCIE)
- Social Work History Network
- Social Pedagogy Development Network
- Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust
- University Of Suffolk
- University Of Bath
- University Of Dundee
- University Of East Anglia
- University Of East London
- University Of Edinburgh
- University Of Essex
- University Of Nottingham
- University Of Sheffield
- University Of Stirling
- University Of Sussex
- University Of The West Of England