This is a past event
Effective Leadership In the Social Work Profession as a Force for Good
November 02, 2017 in London
Effective Leadership in the Social Work Profession as a Force for Good
Thursday November 2, 2017, 6.00 – 8.30 pm, 5th Floor Lecture Theatre, Tavistock Centre. £20.00.
How far have we come as social workers in defining ourselves as a professional body with leadership and influence? We have a workforce capable of developing innovative practice based on detailed knowledge of the complexities of the lives of the families and individuals we work with. Sometimes this creative practice and thinking can go unrecognised. How can we mobilise and organise our unique contribution more effectively, so that we are seen as, and recognise ourselves as, respected leaders in social care innovation?
We wish to present an opportunity for open discourse in this evening event which aims to promote participation from all, rather than expert opinion. Join us in conversation with colleagues who will be speaking together about their own experience of innovation in leadership and practice, as well as hearing contributions from Lyn Romeo and Ruth Allen.
- 5.45 pm onwards, registration.
- 6.00 – 6.10 pm. Introductory remarks – Chair, Robyn Kemp, Director of the Centre for Social Work Practice.
- 6.10 – 6.25 pm. Social work and systems leadership - a conversation between Professor Andrew Cooper and John Simmonds, Director of Policy, Research and Development Coram BAAF.
- 6.25 – 6.40 pm. The Thinking Space model for working with communities - a conversation between Frank Lowe, Consultant Social Worker and Hornsey YMCA.
- 6.40 – 7.00 pm. Discussion from the floor.
- 7.00 – 7.25 pm. Break for refreshments.
- 7.25 – 7. 40 pm Response from Lyn Romeo, Chief Social Worker for Adults, Dept of Health.
- 7.40 – 7.55 pm Response from Ruth Allen, Chief Executive, BASW.
- 7.55 – 8.20 pm Floor discussion.
- 8.20 – 8.30 pm concluding remarks, Robyn Kemp, Chair.
Book via Eventbrite